Carrolls Jewelers Clock
This magnificent clock used to be located downtown at Carroll's Fine Jewelers at 4th Avenue and Pike Street. It stood across the street from the Ben Bridges Jewelers street clock that still stands on Pike Street. The clock was built in 1913 by Joseph Mayer who made many of Seattle’s street clocks.
The clock was donated to the Museum of History and Industry by the Carroll family in 2008 after their store was closed. The clock was first installed at the Montlake location for the Museum and was then moved in 2012 to its permanent location at the Museum in Lake Union Park.
The clock is one of the most beautiful of the historic clocks in the Seattle area. This large clock is 20 feet tall, sports four 36 inch clock faces, and weighs an estimated two tons. The detail on this clock is splendid. You can see the clock works through glass panels. One interesting detail is the mouse holding an umbrella that was painted on the backside of the clock cabinet.